Grade 1-12 Teachers in Vietnam
We are now looking for full-time teachers for programs sponsored by George Washington International School at schools in Vietnam. You will teach English as a foreign language to Vietnamese students whose first language is not English. We expect that you can encourage the students to communicate with each other using the structures and vocabulary they learn in the classroom to improve the four basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
You will have access to a range of course books and materials, plus a variety of audio-visual aids. Your creativity in helping to create and improve exciting visuals is an extra advantage. We place a strong emphasis on your dialogue and role-playing skills whilst use of more formal exercises, language games and literature is essential. Our overseas academic year begins from September to June.
- Qualifications: Graduated from an accredited/approved college or university and majored in Math, Science or Literature. Having experience in teaching SAT is also a plus.
- Certificate: CELTA or TESOL or equivalent
- Preferable Age: 22-45
- Having experience in teaching Math, Science or Literature, English is a plus
- Nationality required: English, American, Canada, England, Australia only.
- Excellent Classroom management.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to assigned grade class.
- Preparing and setting tests, examination papers and exercises;
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
- Devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources;
- Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as sports competitions, school parties, dinners and excursions for the students
- Attending and contributing to training sessions
- Basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records.
**Advantages for considerations ( Masters degree, former role as Language assistant e.g. summer school, Home tutor, Voluntary work abroad etc.)
As well as having a good command of English and the relevant qualifications, we will require of you to show evidence of the following:
- a friendly and confident manner;
- good planning and organization skills;
- the ability to work under pressure;
- flexibility and an adaptable teaching style;
- creative skills and ideas for planning practical and interesting lessons;
- excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- effective listening skills;
- sensitivity, tolerance and patience.
Compensation depending on qualifications and experience.
Airfare tickets will be reimbursed after first year of initial contract.
Ho Chi Minh City, Dong Nai, Quang Ngai, Dong Thap, Binh Duong, Vung Tau, Vinh Long, Can Tho, and other locations.
Gross income depending on qualifications and experience.
Airfare Tickets will be reimbursed after first year of initial contract.
If you are interested in working in a professional and creative working environment, and you find that you are qualified for our program, please complete online application. The following items must be submitted with online application. Please have a digital copy available before starting your online application.
- Valid passport with photograph
- University diploma
- CELTA/TESOL or equivalent certificate
- Cover letter
If you have any further question about this position and our program, do not hesitate to contact us at +858-848-6415 (PST) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.